WRAP certification has many cost factors involved in it:
- The annual membership registration fee needs to be paid directly for WRAP Certification is US$1195.
- The WRAP Certification cost for Sri Lanka is an average US$500 (for a company with 150 employees) + traveling fees.
- In India, the WRAP Certification cost is US$1000 + traveling cost. This cost increases to US$1200 if the factory has dormitory facilities as the accredited agency needs to spend extra days to conduct inspections.
- Bangladesh for WRAP Certification has also charged similar to India. It is noteworthy to note that the inspection fee is calculated based on the number of employees. The more the employees, the higher the costs.
- The manufacturer needs to pay for an inspection team re-visit in the event of a failed inspection in the beginning. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that all the areas are properly checked, and all requirements are met before visiting the inspectors. The inspections are performed without any prior notice; hence it is essential to ensure that all areas are self-assessed and compliant with the guideline.
It is essential to note that WRAP gives a 10% discount to manufacturers joining a group of 10 companies. For example, if the Sri Lankan Apparel Exporter’s Association applies for certification for all its members, each company in the association will receive a 10% discount.