ICS actions are based on a common methodology applied by all ICS members and securing a complete control of the audit process by brands.
- ICS audits are mandated and managed by member companies. Audit launch is a member prerogative, which ensures a total control of the use of ICS tools.
- Audits are only performed by third party ICS- accredited audit companies.
- ICS audits are neither certificates nor labels.
- ICS members share common monitoring rules when critical non-conformities are identified in the factories.
- The vast majority of ICS audits are semi announced or unannounced.